Finance & Accounting Lead
505Design is seeking a self-motivated, experienced accountant to lead all aspects of the firm’s finance and accounting. We are a group of creative architects, interior designers, and graphic designers who collaborate in the following market segments: retail, multi-family, office, hospitality, and entertainment. The firm has offices in Boulder, Charlotte, and San Francisco, but the Finance & Accounting Lead is based in our Boulder studio. The most ideal candidate is not only an experienced Accountant or Controller, but one who is well-versed in project-based accounting. Position reports to a Partner and is available beginning April 1st.
505Design is driven by curious people who cannot get comfortable. Our people relentlessly challenge design and design related services. By studying the complexities of environments, human emotions, desires, and behaviors, we identify the aspirational direction of the culture. As a result, we find stories and ideas that drive unique designs. We strive to be a design leader in market segments where clients recognize and appreciate our innovative, culturally-centered solutions that challenge our people and create opportunities for them to grow.
The values that support our culture are:
Curiosity: Being engaged and curious sustains our spirit and leads to thought-based IDEA driven design.
Enthusiasm: Enthusiasm for working outside of our comfort zone to relentlessly challenge what is expected.
Creativity: Thoughtfully observing our surroundings inspires creativity which is the soul of our intuition.
Collaboration: Being approachable and fun to work with is essential to inclusive collaboration and great design.
Quality: An enduring commitment to excellence is the foundation of quality.
- Finance and accounting strategy
- Financial reporting
- Shareholder financial components
- Cash management and various accounting functions, per the detailed Role Profile below
Finance & Accounting Lead Role Profile >>
- Ability to work in a creative, high performance design firm where productivity counts (505design.com)
- Minimum 7+ years experience in accounting or project-based accounting
- Experience in the Architecture & Engineering industry a plus
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Well-versed in accounting software (Deltek Ajera a plus), Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel
- Comfortable in a primarily autonomous role leading and managing the financial and accounting aspects of the firm
- Accounting degree required
If you are interested in joining an expanding team with a generous benefits package, please email your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to email@example.com.