Interior Designer–Entry Level
ABOUT THE ROLE
505Design is seeking a highly creative, dedicated, self-motivated Interior Designer to advance our Boulder studio’s interior design capabilities. We are a group of architects, interior designers, and environmental graphic designers who collaborate on national & international retail, mixed-use, residential and entertainment projects in an energetic, fast-paced environment.
We are seeking Interior Designer with up to 3 years of experience and an interest in commercial design including multi-family residential, retail, mixed-use and hospitality. Primary responsibilities include the following:
- Support role to Sr. Interior Designers in design and documentation of interior design for Commercial Retail Design projects.
- Entry-Level position with focus on Concept Vision Books, Commercial Retail Design
and Urban Lifestyle Centers (outdoor).
- Knowledge of FF&A, color and materials.
- Produce design and documentation packages with design direction from others. To include elevations, sections, details, finish schedules, red-lines utilizing Sketchup Layout, Illustrator, Photoshop, and CAD or Revit.
- Maintain materials and resource library, ordering and tracking.
- Stay current on latest trends, products and materials in published ID trade magazines.
Ideal candidates will be Innovative, Curious, Energetic, Motivated and Passionate towards Interior Design and have the following qualifications:
- Ability to work in a creative, high performance design firm where productivity counts.
- Strong interior design skills with FFE knowledge and attention to detail.
- Previous commercial retail design firm experience a plus.
- Strong graphic presentation and organizational skills.
- Desire to move up in our environment, be involved, self-driven, reliable, focused.
- Accredited degree in Interior Design or Architecture with emphasis in Interior Design.
- Proficiency in Mac or PC based graphic software such as Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign, plus Sketchup and CAD is preferred. Please rate proficiency level in each when applying.
If you are interested in joining a growing firm with an impressive benefits package, please email your resume, cover letter with salary requirements and samples of your strongest work in PDF format, or a link to your web portfolio to email@example.com.
At 505Design, we don’t just hire by profession. We hire interesting people.